Monday, March 26, 2007

Bring it on!

Kathee in Seattle wonders about the uses of "bring" and "take." See what you think:

Carla: Fido! Bad dog! Bring my new Coach purse over here right now! Take that out of your mouth! C'mon boy, bring it to me!
Fido stops to consider...then continues chewing happily on the expensive leather strap.
Carla (panicking): C'mon, Fido, bring it to me! It's okay; I won't take it from you. Just bring it over here. I promise I won't take it.
Fido still "thinking" (do dogs think?).
Carla: Here, Fido; take this biscuit. Just bring the bag to me, and you can take this biscuit, this bone...anything! Please! Just bring me my bag!
Fido picks up the bag and takes it across the room, away from all the yelling.
Carla (desperate): Here, take my double cheeseburger, take my...
Fido sees his opportunity and decides not to take any chances that she'll change her mind. He brings her the purse and takes off with the whole bag of fast food: VICTORY. Dumb dog? I think not.


Got it? Just remember: bring to, take from.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

"do dogs think?" Daniele! Our childhood dog, Triton, would be mad at you! When it comes to food, of course they think!! Other things, not so sure...
*laugh*